Friday, August 21, 2009

Brett Favre’s daughter: “I’m glad my Daddy is going back to the Packers.”

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brett Favre’s recent announcement that a comment from his 10-year-old daughter factored heavily in his decision to return to the NFL has led to much investigation from media outlets into Favre’s true motives. On Friday, after her father repeatedly requested that she “tell them what you told me,” Breleigh Favre finally spoke out in a truly Favre-like emotional press conference. “It’s true,” Breleigh noted through a written statement. “I told my dad to go back to play football and win another Super Bowl. I’m glad my Daddy is going back to the Packers. Can I go now?” Despite a bombardment of questions, Breleigh declined to further respond, leaving her father, a self-proclaimed "family man" to explain a bit more. “I’ve enjoyed watching my daughter grow up so much. So much, in fact, that I need to let her do some growing up of her own. I’ll make sure to call her at least once a week when I’m on the road.”

-Jeremy Strauss

No comments:

Post a Comment