Saturday, January 9, 2010

Former NHL Coach Actually Clint Eastwood


Surprising announcement comes week after firing

By Jeremy Strauss
Editor-in-chief

ST. LOUIS, MO -- Last week, the man we knew as Andy Murray, the now-former head coach of the NHL's St. Louis Blues, was relieved of his coaching duties due to the club's poor start. However, 'Murray' just may have never existed at all.

Just hours after a random blog posting this morning noting Murray's resemblence to actor/director Clint Eastwood, "Andy Murray," hockey coach, made an official announcement that he is actually Eastwood, and always has been.

"I am indeed 'Andy Murray,' the man who coached the LA Kings and St. Louis Blues since 1999," Eastwood said. "I wasn't sure when I was going to tell y'all, but here I am now so there ya go."


Above: Eastwood says he played Murray for several years, "just for the hell of it"

"He's always enjoyed hockey," said a source close to Eastwood who chose to remain anonymous. "It really doesn't surprise me that he did this."

Eastwood says when he created the persona, he had no idea he'd remain in hockey for ten years.

"I wanted to feel it out, see how long I could go for," he said. "Did I think I'd be here this long? No, probably not."

The St. Louis Blues, an organization Eastwood tricked into believing he was someone else entirely, were surprisingly understanding.

"I don't really get it, but he was a legitimate coach," said Blues president John Davidson. "We didn't fire him because he turned out to be Clint Eastwood, we fired him for hockey reasons. I hope he gets hired somewhere else soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment