Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brett Favre: "I couldn't find my lucky socks."


"Legendary" quarterback attributes loss to lack of correct footwear

By Jeremy Strauss

NEW ORLEANS, LA -- In a shocking turn of events Sunday, Brett Favre failed to lead the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl. However, Favre now wishes to notify the public that there may have been reasons additional to obvious ones that his team lost the game to the New Orleans Saints.

"I didn't feel right out there the whole game," said Favre. "I usually wear this pair of socks but I couldn't find them in the locker room. Seriously, it's this pair of Adidas. Has anyone seen them?"

According to Favre, the socks were in his trusty equipment bag before the team's flight to New Orleans this week. He first noticed the socks were missing just about 30 minutes prior to last night's kickoff.

When asked if he believed a representative from the Saints organization had stolen the socks, Favre didn't want to jump to conclusions -- but also left all possibilities open.

"I don't know about that. I mean, would you steal them? I've played every game this season with those socks, and they knew that. I'm not saying they did it, but I could understand if they did."

"I don't know if my guys stole the socks," said Saints head coach Sean Payton. "But I know one thing. For the good of the sport, we'd better find those socks immediately."


Above: One of the socks that Favre played without

Brad Childress, Favre's coach, told reporters he takes the matter very seriously.

"What you saw here tonight was a football game, but also a crime against football," he said, his voice slightly cracking. "If we don't find those socks and bring whoever took them to justice, Brett might never decide to play or retire again."

No comments:

Post a Comment