Monday, November 23, 2009

TICKER: Urban Meyer to Go on Hunger Strike for Tim Tebow



GAINESVILLE, FL -- University of Florida head football coach Urban Meyer will go to new heights this week in honor of his quarterback, Tim Tebow.

The successful boss of the Gators announced Monday that he will soon initiate a hunger strike, simply in honor of the existence of the team's quarterback, Tim Tebow.

"Tim and I have such a great relationship on and off the field," began Meyer. He then began to start several sentences with the word "Tim" but found himself unable to continue on account of his emotions.

"That's why I'm going on a hunger strike," continued the coach after a three hour silence. "I want to highlight how good he is, I think people really need to know. He's so great."

Tebow, often referred to as one of the greatest college football players of all time as well as one of the best things in general to be manifested in all of humanity, seemed humbled by the gesture.

"If coach wants to do that, I don't really see the point but I guess it's best for the team," he said. "Maybe we win better that way."

The hunger strike is scheduled to last indefinitely, or, in the words of Meyer, "until people appreciate him."

"I just think he's so good that I could go hungry for him," explained Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment